The True Cost of Crowns: CEREC® CAD/CAM Versus Traditional Metal
Beautiful, durable, permanent and convenient, CEREC CAD/CAM crowns and fillings are fast-gaining popularity over metal. Thinking of getting a crown? Smile Generation®-trusted dentists have performed more CEREC CAD/CAM same-day crowns than anyone else in the world*.
USA TODAY recently posted an article about CEREC (pronounced se-rick) CAD/CAM crowns that positively sheds light on how the technology has changed the way dental restorations are done. You now have a choice of what kind of crown goes in your mouth; CEREC CAD/CAM allows you to get a permanent, beautiful crown in one single visit. No more unsightly metal and no need to wait. Want to learn more about CEREC CAD/CAM crowns?
Check out these interesting facts:
- CEREC CAD/CAM stands for Computer-Aided Design / Computer-Aided Manufacturing
- Typical types of crown material include solid porcelain, Zirconia, porcelain fused to metal and gold
- CEREC CAD/CAM technology makes crowns, fillings, inlays and onlays
- There are over 375 Smile Generation-trusted dental offices nationwide that offer CEREC CAD/CAM technology
- Smile Generation-trusted dentists perform over 150,000 CEREC CAD/CAM crowns per year and are the most experienced in the world with over 1 million CEREC CAD/CAM placements in the last seven years*
- The Smile Generation® donates money to charity: water for every CEREC CAD/CAM crown performed
The benefits of CEREC CAD/CAM versus traditional treatment options:
- Permanent solution and more natural-looking, durable and precise-fitting than metal
- Functions and wears like a natural tooth with superb color matching
- Can be completed in less than two hours and in one single dental visit
- Digital impressions are taken with an intraoral camera – no gooey mess involved
- A machine mills your crown while you wait – no waiting for your crown to come back from the lab; walk out the door in one visit with a beautiful, permanent crown
- Proven strength and stability and non-toxic to surrounding tissues
- Covered by most dental insurances
*Based on volume of CEREC CAD/CAM crowns performed by over 375 Smile Generation-trusted dental offices to date as verified by Sirona Dental.